Rowe Elementary and the North Berkshire School Union are launching a new mobile app that will help students, parents, and community members know what is happening at school, right from their phones. We know that many of our families are using smartphones as a primary means to communicate. That’s why we’ve created an app that is custom-built for mobile. On the app, you can find documents, contact information for staff, breakfast and lunch menus, and event information.
- You can download the app for free from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
- Our website has been redesigned as well. It will still be www.roweschool.org, but it will be a new format, and will be connected to the app.
- Here's a link to a video that explains some of the functions of the app: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sP3n6o3-nW7en-YHTNxF1jTd0dMdyMKM/view?usp=sharing
The three main benefits of the app for Rowe School community members:
1) Know what’s going on at school - Find real-time updates from the app or website’s live feed about things happening at the school.
2) Connect with teachers and administrators - Learn about conferences, access staff contact information, and quickly find out about school and Union news.
3) Stay up-to-date with school information - Receive updates about events occuring at the school, documents, required forms, and even emergency notifications.
If you don't have a smartphone, or don't choose to download the app, nothing will change. You'll still get emails and calls from the school, with information or emergency notifications as you have in the past.
Please let me know if you have any questions, and I'm interested in your feedback. I hope this new means of communication will be a benefit to your family.